Despite being sweet in taste beetroot has a lot of benefits that help the diabetic people excessively because the sugar it contains does not break in the form of glucose in the body. So, paint your day red with the Multigrain Beetroot Bread and Spicy Beetroot Yoghurt Dip. Read to know the recipe.
MULTIGRAIN BEETROOT BREAD
1 Medium Beetroot (Boiled & Peeled)
50 gms Barley Flour
1 tsp Fresh Yeast
1 tbsp Olive Oil
50 gms Buckwheat Flour
100 gms Refined Wheat Flour
¾ tsp Salt
1 tsp Ajwain Seeds
50 gms Cornmeal Flour Water (As Required)
1. Make a puree of the boiled and peeled beetroot.
2. Sieve together the barley flour, buckwheat flour, cornmeal flour and refined wheat flour.
3. In a large bowl, place the yeast and salt. Mix with your fingertips till it has melted. Add in a little water, the beetroot pulp and the flour alternatively. Knead well till all of it has been used. Add in the olive oil and ajwain seeds. Knead for 5 minutes until well blended.
4. Place the dough in a bowl covered with a damp cloth for 30 minutes. Later, knock it down and knead it again for 5 minutes.
5. Now place it in a well-greased bread mould and set it aside to rise in a warm room for 2 hours. Bake it in a pre-heated oven at 220C / 450F for 10 minutes, then lower the temperature to 190C / 375F and cook further for 25 minutes. Let it cool for 20–30 minutes before slicing. Serve warm or at room temperature.
SPICY BEETROOT YOGHURT DIP
2 Medium Beetroot (Boiled & Peeled)
1 Red Chilli
1 Fistful of Mint Leaves
1 tsp Dijon Mustard
2 tsp Balsamic Vinegar
2 tbsp Yoghurt (Natural)
1 Clove of Garlic (Finely Cut)
1 Bunch Coriander Leaves
1 tsp Cumin Seed Powder
½ tsp Cinnamon Powder
3 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Salt to Taste
1. Place the beetroot in a pan, cover it with water and bring it to boil, then simmer it for 30 minutes. Drain it and let it cool before you start peeling them.
2. Place the coriander leaves, red chilli, garlic, cumin seed powder, mint leaves, Dijon mustard, cinnamon powder, balsamic vinegar, salt, in a blender along with the beetroot. Blend well. Pour in the olive oil and blend further. Pour in the yoghurt and whisk it for just 10 seconds.
3. Transfer it into a serving bowl, then refrigerate it for 2 – 3 hours. Serve cold with a platter of finger size thin strips of cucumber, carrot, red bell pepper, yellow bell pepper, green bell pepper and radish.