Caramelised Cheela And Kala Jamun Chaat
It is a stereotype thinking that great taste always requires an abundant amount of time and work. But we are here to debunk this myth. As palatable flavours can be achieved even in little time, all it requires is a little bit of creativity and some firsthand tasty ingredients. Here two such dishes are mentioned, that is a treat for both veggie and sweet lovers. One is Caramelised Veggie Chilla and other is Kala Jamun Chaat. Sound appealing right, but it tastes more appetising.
Caramelised Veggie Cheela
- 60 gm Spinach
- 10 gm Capsicum
- 5 gm Tomato Chutney
- 50 gm Onion
- 5 ml Red Wine Vinegar
- 5 ml White Wine Vinegar
- 5 gm Beetroot
- 120 gm Chilla Batter
- 40 gm Sundry Tomato Jam
- 40 gm Hatch Chilli Pickle
- 40 gm Goat Cheese Sauce
- Sundry Tomato
- Toss the caramelised onions, capsicum and spinach together with a drizzle of red wine vinegar as well as white wine vinegar.
- Spread the chilla batter evenly on a hot plate in a circular motion, spread tomato chutney, and add the tossed onion, capsicum and spinach. Sprinkle small chunks of goat cheese on the top.
- Start folding the chilla from one end and fold until halfway through.
- Finish with julienned sun-dried tomatoes and garnish with pickled beetroot and microgreens.
This recipe is given by Chef Sareen Madhiyan, Tappa
Kala Jamun Chaat
- 200 gm Jamun (Cut)
- 20 gm Cherry Tomatoes (Sliced)
- 1 clove Garlic (Peeled)
- 2 gm Shallots (Sliced)
- 25 gm Watermelon
- 1 ml Lemon Juice
- 10 ml Jaggery Syrup
- 1 Red Chilli Fresh (Chopped)
- 10 ml Veg Oyster Mushroom Sauce
- 2 gms Crushed Peanuts
- 1 Banana Leaf
- Few Leaves Coriander
- Few Leaves Mint
- Salt to taste
- Make the dressing by combining jaggery syrup, oyster sauce, and lemon juice.
- Muddle all other ingredients keeping the watermelon and crushed peanut aside.
- Place the Jamun mixture on the banana leaf and sprinkle some crushed peanuts.
- Serve with freshly cut watermelon.
This recipe is given by Chef Tarun Sibal, One Fine Meal