When sweetness mixed with spice brings out a perfect dessert to savour. Based on that we have brought Spicy cake rolls indulged with cream cheese filling. Sounds goods, taste heaven.
Spice Cake Roll with Cream Cheese Filling
Preparation Time 35 minutes
Chill Time 4 hours
Bake Time 12 minutes
1. Prepare Cream Cheese Filling; chill as directed.
2. Meanwhile, preheat oven to 190°C. Grease a 15×10-inch baking pan. Line bottom of the pan with waxed paper or parchment paper; grease paper. In a bowl stir together the next six ingredients (through cloves).
3. Separate eggs. In a medium bowl beat egg yolks and vanilla with a mixer on high for about 5 minutes or until thick and lemon-coloured. Beat in molasses just until combined.
4. Thoroughly wash beaters. In a large bowl beat egg whites on medium until soft peaks form (tips curl). Gradually add granulated sugar, beating on high until stiff peaks form (tips stand straight). Fold yolk mixture into beaten egg whites. Sprinkle with flour mixture; fold in gently just until combined. Spread batter in prepared baking pan.
5. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until cake springs back when lightly touched. Immediately loosen cake edges from pan and turn cake out onto a towel sprinkled with powdered sugar; peel off paper. Roll towel and cake into a spiral, starting from a short side of the cake. Cool on a wire rack.
6. To assemble, unroll cake; remove towel. Spread cake with filling to within 1 inch of the edges. Roll up cake; trim ends. Cover and chill up to six hours. If desired, sprinkle with powdered sugar before serving.
Cream Cheese Filling:
Per Serving: 180 cal., 6 g total fat (3 g sat. fat), 104 mg chol., 175 mg sodium, 27 g carb. (0 g fibre, 21 g sugars), 5 g pro.