Who says vanilla is boring? This light and airy treat have luscious flavour in every spoonful. So try the appetising desserts with icecream sandwich and luxurious panna cotta.
Vanilla Ice Cream Sandwiches
Preparation Time 45 minutes
Bake Time 14 minutes
1. Preheat oven to 148°C. In a large bowl beat cream cheese and butter on medium for 30 seconds. Add the next four ingredients (through salt). Beat until combined, scraping bowl as needed. Beat in egg yolks and vanilla bean paste. Beat in both flours.
2. Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Place balls 2 inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet.
3. Bake for 14 to 16 minutes or until edges is set but not brown. Cool on cookie sheet for 1 minute. Remove; cool on a wire rack.
4. Spread ice cream on bottoms of half of the cookies, using 2 tablespoons for each cookie. Top with remaining cookies, bottom sides down.
Sugar Substitute: Choose Splenda Sugar Blend. Follow package directions to use product amount equivalent to 1 3⁄4 cups sugar.
To Store: Place sandwich cookies in a shallow baking pan and freeze at least for 2 hours or until firm. Transfer to a freezer container and freeze for up to 1 month.
Per Serving: 167 Cal., 6 g Total Fat, 39 mg Chol., 136 mg Sodium, 26 g Carb., 2 g Pro.
Vanilla-White Chocolate Panna Cotta
Preparation Time 25 minutes
Chill Time 4 hours
1. Coat four 225-gms ramekins with cooking spray and place in a shallow baking pan. In a medium saucepan sprinkle gelatin over half-and-half (do not stir). Let stand for 5 minutes. Cook and stir over medium-low heat until gelatin is dissolved. Stir in the next five ingredients (through salt). Cook and stir over medium heat just until heated through. Remove from heat.
2. Stir in white chocolate and vanilla until smooth. Pour mixture into prepared ramekins. Cover and chill for 4 hours or until firm.
3. Using a sharp knife, loosen panna cotta from sides of ramekins; unmold onto dessert plates. If desired, top with additional shaved white chocolate.
Sugar Substitute: Choose Splenda Sugar Blend. Follow package directions to use product amount equivalent to 3 tablespoons sugar.
Test Kitchen Tip: If the desserts don’t unmold easily, immerse the bottom halves of the ramekins in warm water for 30 to 60 seconds.
Per Serving: 220 Cal., 7 g Total Fat, 6 mg Chol., 155 mg Sodium, 29 g Carb., 10 g Pro.