Everyone is well aware of the fact that walnuts are full of healthy nutrients. It is great for your skin, hair, organs and overall health. However, many people believe that this dry fruit is hard to mix with any of the dishes. Well, we are here to tell you that this is not true, as walnuts can easily become your next food staple, all you need to know is how to cook it and what to add.
For Walnut Date Smoothie
1. For the walnut milk, soak the walnuts in the water for at least 10 to 12 hours.
2. Drain walnuts and rinse thoroughly.
3. Combine walnuts, water, honey, some portion of vanilla, and salt in a blender then blend on low until very smooth, at least 2 minutes.
4. For preparing the smoothie, combine the walnut milk with yoghurt, dates, cinnamon, and remaining vanilla in the blender.
5. Blend on high speed for a minute or until the dates are disintegrated and the mixture is very smooth.
6. Add ice and blend briefly on high speed to crush the ice.
7. Serve Chilled.
For Walnut Date & Honey Cake
1. Sieve the flour with cinnamon powder and keep it aside.
2. In a mixing bowl cream, the butter and sugar until the sugar are dissolved.
3. Add the eggs and blend it together for 2 to 3 minutes.
4. Mash bananas and combine the chopped dates to it.
5. Add the bananas and dates mixture to the creamed butter, sugar and eggs.
6. Add honey and chopped walnuts and mix it well.
7. Line the cake mould with butter paper.
8. Pour the mixture in the mould. Level it.
9. Bake it at 180 degrees for 25 to 30 minutes, and dig in once cold.
The recipes are given by Chef Ishijyot Surri, Pachinco Café