There are millions of salad recipe each one saying that it is wholesome, but the question is what is so healthy about it? Today’s recipe shows its wellness benefit along with its methods. So, read on for the recipe of classic but intriguing corn salad and greek country style salad.
- 4 medium Ears Of Corn
- 1/2 cup Red Onion (Minced)
- 1 tsp Chilli Powder
- 1/2 tsp Ground Cumin
- 1/2 Red Bell Pepper (Seeded And Cut Into Small Dices)
- 1/2 Green Bell Pepper (Seeded And Cut Into Small Dices)
- 1 Large Plum Tomato (Seeded And Diced)
- 3 tbsp Fresh Cilantro (Chopped)
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp White Wine Vinegar
- 1/8 tsp Salt (Optional)
- Freshly Ground Pepper (To Taste)
- Boil the corn in a large pot of water for 3 minutes. Remove and allow them to cool. Cut off kernels and place in a large bowl. You should have about 2 cups.
- Lightly coat a non-stick skillet with cooking spray and sauté the onion until wilted.
- Add the chilli powder and cumin; sauté another minute.
- Combine with the corn. Add the red and green bell pepper, tomato, and cilantro to the corn mixture.
- In a small cup, combine the oil, vinegar, salt, and pepper. Drizzle over the salad.
HEALTH BENEFITS: Being a good source of antioxidant carotenoids, such as lutein and zeaxanthin, yellow (or coloured) corn may promote eye health. It is also a rich source of many vitamins and minerals. For this reason, moderate consumption of whole-grain corn, such as popcorn or sweet corn may well fit your healthy diet.
The dish is given by Chef Shaurya Veer Kapoor
GREEK COUNTRY STYLE SALAD
- 1 cup Mixed Lettuce
- 6 Cherry Tomatoes
- 1 cup Red Peppers (Diced)
- 1 cup Green Pepper (Diced)
- 1 cup Yellow Pepper (Diced)
- 1 cup Cucumber (Diced)
- 8 Olives Black
- 1 cup Red Onions
- 60 gms Feta Cheese
- 1 cup Watermelon
- 1 gm Oregano Seasoning
- 40 ml Lemon Dressing
- 1 tsp Flour (For Feta)
- 10 ml Of Olive Oil
- Garlic Spread
- 2 Ciabatta Slice
- Lightly flour feta and sear in hot oil on a flat top.
- Toss lettuce and vegetables with the dressing.
- To serve, place the dressed salad on a plate.
- Put watermelon in the centre and top with seared feta.
- Sprinkle oregano on salad as per taste. Serve with Ciabatta slice and garlic spread.
HEALTH BENEFITS: The main strength of the Greek salad is its high monounsaturated fat content, which comes from the olive oil and the olives themselves present in the salad. Monounsaturated fats are commonly referred to as ‘healthy fats’ because they have a positive impact on our blood cholesterol profile and, as a result, help protect our cardiovascular health.
The dish is given by Executive Chef Shivanand Kain.