If you feel like your weekly chicken dish has became an epitome of monotony, then why not try something else. Having a single variation every time you make a dish can be very boring. So to break the cliche we have brought a flavour of twist just for you. Here is a new version of the mushroom chicken skillet with creamy sauce and delectable truffles. Read on the article and find out the recipe.
Mushroom Chicken Skillet with Herbed Cream Sauce
Total Time 45 Minutes
- 1 tbsp. Butter
- 3 tbsp. Olive Oil
- Package Cremini mushrooms (Sliced)
- 8 oz. Shiitake Mushrooms (Caps Sliced)
- 1 large Shallot (Finely Chopped)
- 8 small chicken Thighs (about 2 3/4 lbs.)
- 1/3 c. dry White Wine
- 1/2 c. low-sodium Chicken Broth
- 3 Sprigs Thyme (Plus more for garnish)
- 1 tbsp. White Miso
- 1/4 c. Heavy Cream
- Heat oven to 375°F. In a large oven-safe skillet on medium-high, heat butter and 2 tablespoons oil.
- Once butter foams, add mushrooms and pinch salt and cook, tossing occasionally 5 minutes.
- Add shallot and cook, tossing occasionally, until mushrooms are golden brown, 2 to 3 minutes; transfer to plate and wipe skillet clean.
- Return skillet to medium. Rub chicken with remaining 1 tablespoon oil and season with 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper.
- Add chicken to skillet, skin side down, and cook until browned, 10 to 12 minutes; drain excess fat.
- Turn chicken over; add wine, then broth and thyme. Transfer skillet to oven and bake until chicken is cooked through (165°F), 5 to 6 minutes.
- Transfer chicken to a plate, discard thyme and return skillet to medium heat. Whisk in miso until dissolved, then simmer 3 minutes.
- Stir in cream and mushroom mixture and cook until heated through about 2 minutes.
- Serve with chicken and additional thyme, if desired.
Nutritional info (per serving): About 620 calories, 46g protein, 11g carbohydrates, 44g fat (14g saturated), 2g fibre, 495mg sodium.