Change up pizza night! Start with the thin, single-serve crusts, then top with ingredients that spotlight. You’ll want to try all of these diabetes-friendly choices.
Preparation Time 30 minutes
1. In a covered medium saucepan cook corn in a small amount of boiling water for 2 minutes. Add green beans; cook for 5 minutes more or until vegetables are crisp-tender; drain. Rinse with cold water; drain again.
2. In a medium bowl combine corn mixture, arugula, and sweet pepper. For the vinaigrette, in a small screw-top jar combine lemon juice, oil, salt, and black pepper. Cover; shake well.
3. Spread Whole Wheat Individual Pizza Crusts with pizza sauce; sprinkle with cheese. For a charcoal or gas grill, place pizzas on the grill rack directly over low heat. Cover; grill for 2 to 3 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted. Remove from grill. Top with vegetable mixture and drizzle with vinaigrette.
Per Serving: 210 cal., 7 g total fat (3 g sat. fat), 19 mg chol., 356 mg sodium, 26 g carb. (3 g fibre, 3 g sugars), 11 g pro.
Smoked Salmon and Dill Pizza
Preparation Time 25 minutes
1. In a bowl combine cream cheese, sour cream, and lemon juice.
2. Lightly coat one side of Whole Wheat Individual Pizza Crusts with cooking spray. For a charcoal or gas grill, place crusts, coated sides down, on the grill rack directly over low heat. Cover; grill for 2 to 3 minutes or until browned, rotating quarter turns for even browning. Remove from grill.
3. Place crusts, grilled sides down, on a work surface. Spread about 2 tablespoons of the cream cheese mixture over each crust. Arrange the cucumber on cream cheese mixture; top with salmon. Sprinkle with capers, dill, and pepper.
Per Serving: 182 cal., 6 g total fat (3 g sat. fat), 29 mg chol., 508 mg sodium, 21 g carb. (2 g fibre, 2 g sugars), 11 g pro.