Matra Kulcha Pate
1. Pressure cook one cup of white peas with two cups of water and add ½ tsp. salt.
2. In a kadhai, heat three tsp. oil and saute 1-inch ginger. Further, saute all other spices.
3. Add the above in the pressure cooker and mix well. Mash it slightly for desired consistency.
4. Boil for five minutes or more, adjusting the consistency. Let it cool down and then grind it to form a pate. Garnish with onion, tomato, coriander leaves, ginger, green chilli, carrot pickle, lemon, and chaat masala. Serve it with kulcha.
This recipe is given by Chef Ramesh Rana, Decode Air Bar.
Pear Frangipane Tart with Strawberry Sorbet
This recipe is prepared in four parts.
1. Tart Base
1. Mix cream butter, honey, salt and vanilla extract. Add egg mix to it, and whip it well.
2. Fold it with flour and let the dough rest in the chiller for 2 hours.
3. Preheat the oven to 180-degree centigrade.
4. Take out the dough and form small chiller rolls. Keep them ¼-inch thick and place them on the tray or tart moulds.
5. Bake it for 10 to 15 minutes or until it gets a very little golden brown colour. Take it out from the oven and cool for 20 minutes.
2. Poached pear in honey ginger water
1. In a pot mix all the ingredients. Place the pot over medium heat and bring to a simmer, stirring occasionally, until the honey has completely dissolved. Peel the pears, leaving the stem on.
2. Using a melon baller or small paring knife, core the pears from the bottom end. Using a large spoon, gently lower the cored, whole pears into the poaching liquid.
3. Frangipane Filling
1. Combine the butter and sugar-free in the machine bowl, beat on medium speed until creamy.
2. Over low speed, add honey and almond flour, alternating with eggs until the ingredients are incorporated evenly, add the vanilla and lemon zest mix until combined. Transfer the mixture into pre-baked tart shell.
3. Spread the filling evenly, slice the poached pears into thin slices and place on the frangipane pear, facing the centre of the tart, repeat with the remaining pear, spacing them evenly around the tart.
4. Bake at 180degrees centigrade for 30 to 40 minutes, or until the filling has risen and is deep golden brown in colour.
4. Strawberry Sorbet
1. Put them into the mixer grinder make it like puree
2. Freeze it for 2 to 3 hours and serve with a pear tart.
This recipe is given by Executive Chef Kasi Viswanathan, Radisson Blu Atria, Bengaluru