Mushrooms And Arugula Salad with Polenta Pizza
1. Remove the reserved rectangle of polenta from the refrigerator and let stand at room temperature.
2. Preheat broiler (or toaster oven broiler).
3. Heat 2 tsp. oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms; cook, stirring often, until softened and lightly browned, 4 to 6 minutes. Stir in garlic, thyme, and salt.
4. Broil the polenta until warmed and lightly toasted, 3 to 5 minutes. Top with the mushroom mixture, mozzarella, and Parmesan. Broil for 2 to 3 minutes more.
5. Meanwhile, whisk the remaining 1 tsp. oil and lemon juice in a medium bowl. Add arugula and black beans; toss to coat. Add avocado and gently toss. Divide the salad between 2 plates.
6. Sprinkle the pizza with parsley, cut into 6 pieces and serve with the salad.
Winter Quinoa Salad
1. Preheat oven to 400°F.
2. Toss sweet potato and 1 tsp. oil on a large rimmed baking sheet. Roast, stirring once halfway through, until tender, about 25 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, combine the remaining 1½ tsp. oil, avocado, lime juice, garlic, cumin, salt, pepper, and 1 Tbsp. water in a blender or food processor; process until smooth. Add 1 Tbsp. water, if needed, to reach desired consistency.
4. Combine the sweet potato, quinoa, black beans, and kale in a medium bowl. Drizzle with the avocado dressing and gently toss to coat. Top with pepitas and scallion.