Juicy citrus, bold greens, roasted vegetables and fresh flavours never go out of the season. These dishes are very appetising to look and healthy to consume.
Kale, Grapefruit, and Pomegranate Salad
Preparation Time 30 minutes
Stand Time 5 minutes
1. Remove zest from grapefruit. Peel and section grapefruit, then squeeze the remaining juice from membranes.
2. Place chicken in a resealable plastic bag set in a shallow dish. For marinade, combine 2 teaspoons of the grapefruit zest, 2 teaspoons of the grapefruit juice, and 1 teaspoon of the oil. Pour marinade over chicken. Seal bag; turn to coat chicken. Marinate in the refrigerator until needed.
3. For the dressing, whisk together honey, pepper, and the remaining grapefruit juice; set aside.
4. In a large bowl combine kale, salt, and the remaining 2 teaspoons oil. Using your hands, massage oil mixture into the kale for 1 to 2 minutes or until kale begins to soften.
5. Drain chicken, discarding marinade. Coat a large nonstick skillet or grill pan with cooking spray; heat over medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook 6 to 8 minutes or until done (74°C), turning once. Remove from heat and let stand for 5 minutes. Thinly slice the chicken.
6. To serve, add grapefruit sections, chicken, dressing, pomegranate seeds, and onion to kale; toss gently to combine.
Per Serving: 312 Cal., 11 g Total Fat, 83 mg Chol., 382 mg Sodium, 25 g Carb., 31 g Pro.
Indian-Spiced Cauliflower and Chickpea Salad
Preparation Time 20 minutes
Roast Time 20 minutes
1. Preheat oven to 232°C. In a medium bowl combine the first three ingredients (through salt). Add the next three ingredients (through carrot); toss to coat. Spread mixture in a 15×10-inch baking pan. Roast for 20 to 25 minutes or until vegetables is tender, stirring once.
2. Meanwhile, for dressing, in a small bowl stir together the next four ingredients (through ginger) and, if desired, jalapeño pepper. If needed, thin with milk to desired consistency.
3. In a large bowl combine roasted vegetables, lettuce, parsley, and onion. Add dressing; toss to coat.
Test Kitchen Tip: Chilli peppers contain oils that can irritate your skin and eyes. Wear plastic or rubber gloves when working with them.
Per Serving: 241 Cal., 9 g Total Fat, 1 mg Chol., 405 mg Sodium, 33 g Carb., 11 g Pro.