Enjoy your day with delightful flavours that are not just amazing to eat but also healthy for the body. Given below are two simple dishes that are very easy to prepare and leaves your taste buds with mesmerising savours.
Apple Kheer (2 Serves)
1 Large Apple (peeled and grated)
1 tsp Ghee
2 cups Milk
2 tsp Sugar-Free Powder
1/4 tsp Green Cardamom Powder
6-7 Sliced Almonds (Garnish)
4-5 Sliced Pistachio (Garnish)
4-5 Saffron String
1. Heat ghee in a non-stick pan, add grated apple and cook on medium flame.
2. Stir and cook until grated apple turns semi dry. It will take around 7-10 minutes.
3. Turn off the flame and let it cool down to room temperature.
4. Pour milk in another pan and bring it to boil over medium flame.
5. When it starts boiling, reduce the flame to low and cook until the milk reduces to 3/4th of its original quantity.
It will take around 10 minutes. Stir in between otherwise the milk will stick to the bottom of the pan.
6. Add sugar-free powder and mix well. Increase flame to medium and cook for another 10 min. Now stir
7. Add cardamom powder and finely chopped almonds and pistachios.
8. Mix well and cook for a minute. Turn off the flame and let it cool to room temperature.
9. Now add cooked apples and mix well. Garnish with sliced almonds and pistachios. Serve chilled.
This recipe is given by Sukesh Kanchan, Sous Chef, Sana-di-ge, Delhi.
Amaranth and Vanilla Mousse with Amaranth Chocolate Cracker and mix Berry Coulis paint
1 Vanilla Pod
20g Amaranth puff
50g Puffed Amaranth Coulis
20g Raspberry Puree
20g Blueberry Puree
20g Strawberry Puree
15g White Chocolate
1. Bloom gelatin.
2. Take half of milk and add half of the jaggery in it with vanilla, boil it.
3. Whip cream till stiff peak.
4. Fold in puffed amaranth in the whipped cream
5. Make sabayon with egg yolks and jaggery.
6. Fold carefully all the ingredients so that enough air could incorporate in the mixture. Refrigerate.
7. Coat with puffed amaranth.
Garnish with white chocolate amaranth cracker.
This recipe is given by Vaibhav Bhargava, Corporate Chef, The Drunken Botanist, DLF Cyber Hub, Gurugram.