Toss the already used yet left vegetables into the pan for a quick meal. Nearly any vegetable will work in this scramble, so choose your favourites or use what you have on hand.
Summer Skillet Scramble
1. Heat the oil in a large cast-iron or nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add potatoes; cover and cook, stirring several times until they begin to soften, about 8 minutes.
2. Add sliced vegetables and scallion whites; cook uncovered, stirring occasionally until vegetables are tender and lightly browned, about 8 to 10 minutes. Stir in herbs. Move the vegetable mixture to the perimeter of the pan.
3. Reduce heat to medium-low. Add eggs and scallion greens to the centre of the pan. Cook, stirring until the eggs are softly scrambled, about 2 minutes.
4. Stir leafy greens into the eggs. Remove from heat and stir to combine well. Stir in salt and voilà.
Chicken and Veggie Fajitas.
1. Heat the oil in a large wok or cast-iron or another stick-resistant skillet (not Teflon Based nonstick, see Tip) over high heat. Add chicken, vegetables, chilli powder, and salt; cook, tossing with tongs occasionally, until the chicken is cooked through and the vegetables begin to brown, about 7 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, stack tortillas and wrap in a barely damp, clean kitchen towel. Microwave on High for 30 to 45 seconds.
3. Divide the chicken-and-vegetable mixture among the tortillas. Top each with 2 Tbsp. guacamole and 2 Tbsp. yoghurt. Serve with lime wedges and garnish with cilantro if desired.
TIP: Teflon-based nonstick cookware should not be used when cooking over high heat. For best results, make sure your pan is large enough to fit all the chicken and vegetables without crowding. If needed, you can cook the ingredients in Step 1 in two batches.