Given below are three different and delectable recipes cooked with the goodness of olive oil. Read on and find your flavour.
Candied Almond and Spinach Salad
1. Place mustard and garlic in a medium bowl and whisk in lemon juice, vinegar and sugar, making a smooth mixture.
2. Whisk in extra virgin olive oil.
3. Place spinach, candied almonds, cranberries or berries and goat cheese in a large bowl.
4. Toss lightly with dressing and serve immediately.
This recipe is given by Chef Ishijyot Surri, Miniya Turk
1. Boil the fresh corn kernel in milk.
2. Strain and purée in a blender.
3. Take it out in a deep pan.
4. Chop lemongrass, kaffir lime and fresh green chilli as fine as possible.
5. Add it in corn and cook it with coconut milk.
6. Add makhana powder to thicken the mixture.
7. Set the mixture in a lined tray like a cake and keep in the fridge, after it cools down.
8. In the meantime heat the chopped garlic, onion and red chilli with a dash of olive oil in a moderate oven. Once they are golden brown mix them all together. This will be the topping of the corn.
9. Cut the corn cake into even pieces and shallow fry with olive oil.
10. Serve with toppings.
This recipe is given by Chef Nishant Choubey, Street Story
Herb Rubbed Chicken
For the herb marinade
For Chicken Meal
1. Mix all the ingredients of the herb marinade, and set aside.
2. Marinate the cleaned chicken breast with herb marinade and keep overnight.
3. Coat the chicken breast and the grill with a nice layer of olive oil. Place the chicken breast with the skin down on the clean hot grill horizontally (the skin side is the smoother side of the chicken breast).
4. Leave on this spot for approx. 1 min, turn the breast 90 degrees to obtain the grill marks. Cook for another 30 sec.
5. Flip to the other side and grill for 30 sec to seal off the other side.
6. Remove from grill and place in a sauté pan and pour peppercorn sauce. Cook for a minute and remove on a serving plate along with the sauce on top of the chicken.
7. Place the mashed potatoes inside the microwave and heat.
8. Pass through the roasted vegetables in the oven halfway through and heat.
9. Place on the plate as shown in the picture, along with the peppercorn sauce in a ramekin.
10. Cut the house bread in 16 equal parts, and serve with the dish.
The recipe is given by Corporate Chef Shireesh Singh, UNO Chicago Bar and Grill