We often neglect the importance of lungs and the crucial role they play in maintaining our health and well being. It is not until we encounter some kind of problem that ultimately hinders the balanced life experience. It is then we realise that like any other part of the body, lungs also need care and attention.
On that notice, we are presenting some of the effective tips that can help in keeping the health of lungs in check.
1. Diaphragmatic Breathing: Among many things that keep the lungs healthy, few simple breathing techniques can be more effective. These methods can be used by people who are undergoing any form of lung problems related to asthma, emphysema and chronic bronchitis, as well as healthy individuals. Diaphragmatic breathing utilises the awareness of the diaphragm muscle, which separates the organs in the abdomen from the lungs.
2. Counting Your Breaths: One can also heighten their lung capacity by increasing the length of your inhalations and exhalations. Start by seeing how long a natural breath takes. If it takes to the count of five to inhale it should take to the count of five to exhale as well, you will want them to be of equal length. Once you have discovered the average breath count, add one more count to each inhale and exhale until you can comfortably lengthen the time it takes to fill and empty your lungs. The major point is to avoid any kind of strain, the process should be done gradually and easily.
3. Watching The Posture: Lungs are soft structure, they only take up the room we provide. What we can do is to occasionally sit tall and reach overhead, in order to make more room for them. Another simple trick to elongate the room for the respiratory organ is to lean back in a stable chair and as you breathe, lift your chest and open up your front body.
4. Stay Hydrated: Getting enough water is important for the lungs along with the whole body. Taking enough fluids throughout the day helps to keep the mucosal lining in the lungs thin, which ultimately assists in better functioning of the organ.
5. Laughing: To increase the capacity of the lung, laughing is the best exercise that effectively works on the abdominal muscles. It also aids in forcefully removing the stale air from the organ and let fresh air distribute in more areas.