Marriott's Drink Delights
Having a blue day, feeling stressed or just want to ease down? Then here are the perfect glasses of relaxation for you, directly comin from Courtyard by Marriott ORR Bengaluru.
- Orange: 1
- Fennel seeds: 2 tbsp (Crushed a bit in a mortar and pestle or with the side of a big knife)
- Cranberry juice: 4 Cups
- Orange Liqueur (Optional): 60 ml
- Remove 6 big strips of orange zest. Put them in a medium saucepan with the crushed up fennel seeds and the cranberry juice. Partially cover the pan and bring the juice to a simmer over medium heat. Reduce the heat to low and let the cranberry juice infuse for 20 minutes.
- Line a sieve with a coffee filter or a double layer of cheesecloth. Put the sieve over a medium-sized bowl. Pour the hot cranberry juice through the sieve and into the bowl.
- Rinse the saucepan and pour the warm juice back in it. Cook over medium heat until it simmers. Drizzle in the orange liqueur.
- Pour this into mugs and serve.
- Peated Scotch: 60 ml
- Tamarind Paste: 15 ml
- Pineapple Chunks
- Simple Syrup: 20 ml
- Salt (one pinch)
- Mint: 5-6 Sprigs
- Mix pineapple, mint and sugar together in a shaker.
- Add tamarind paste, salt and whisky.
- Add ice and shake vigorously till shaker tins are frosted.
- Fine strain into a coupe glass and serve.
Why sip in the much needed cold coffee or tea in the mundane way, when you can blend them with a twist?
- Strong Freshly brewed Black Coffee: 1 Cup
- Mint: 5- 8 Sprigs
- Sugar: 5 - 10 Grams (To Taste)
- Milk: 60 ml
- Muddle the mint and sugar in a shaker.
- Add ice, coffee and milk.
- Shake lightly to combine the ingredients.
- Garnish with fresh mint and serve.
- Strong Masala Tea: 1 cup
- Bailey's Irish Crème: 60 ml
- Basil: 5-6 Sprigs
- Sugar To taste
- Muddle basil and sugar together with around 30 ml of tea.
- Add ice and baileys.
- Shake lightly to mix all the ingredients.
- Strain into a cup and top up with hot masala tea.
- Garnish with basil and serve.
COURTESY: The recipes are provided by Bhavya Verma, Assistant Manager, F & B, Courtyard by Marriott ORR Bengaluru.